What is Empowerment Cafe?
Information is one of the important tools to empower persons with disabilities and to create a barrier-free society. The Empowerment Cafe (E-Cafe) is a platform to promote information and knowledge exchange on disability and development in Asia and the Pacific. Different perspectives: sub-region (Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, Pacific and East Asia) and persons with diverse disabilities, including persons with intellectual, learning and developmental disabilities, persons with autism are addressed at the E-Cafe.
Information on disability and development in the Asia and Pacific region is provided through APCD E-Cafe on a daily basis. Participating networks/organizations are as follows:
- Community-based Rehabilitation Asia-Pacific Network (CBR AP Network)
- South Asian Disability Forum (SADF)
- Central Asian Disability Forum (CADF)
- ASEAN Autism Network (AAN)
- Asia-Pacific Federation of the Hard of Hearing and Deafened (APFHD)
- Thailand Council for Independent Living (TIL)
- United ID Network Mekong Sub Region
- Asia-Pacific Development Center on Disability (APCD)